Operation: Breaking The Veil
Last Post: Athalas
06-10-2024 02:12 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 182

Vykos: Capturing Lieutenant Kol

[Image: CLsfhGF.png]

Report: Capturing Lieutenant Kol
Attendants: Sith Tiwura, Sith Zynn, Apprentice Mos Kaleehi, Apprentice Vlorakaar Vipion, Apprentice Xesh

Summary: Our given objective was to find and capture our mark. Identified as Lieutenant Nerik Kol. A Republic Officer. Human. Mid thirties. It's believed that this officer is in the know of important intel to the Vykos warfront and such we needed to retrieve him without the Republic being able to confirm he was taken. I summarized that simply going missing would leave a lot of questions to his whereabouts and as such decided to formulate a plan where he is believed killed in action.

Our mission party made landing in a not too distant imperial encampent raised near the front in the late evening. Sith Zynn with her stealth capable Maalraas was brought in as support should we end up in a tight spot. Her skills in stealth and with the beasts provided an edge if needed to the Spectres. We made our way near the Republic Outpost where Lieutenant Kol was known to be stationed. Leaving our transports by the cover of a jaggered rocky terrain we approached by a cliff in the vicinity of one of their walls. From the elevated ground and tall grass to cover we scouped out the outpost for the likely position of the Lieutenant but also assessing threats and vulnerabilities. 

Scouting the camp the first risk was two surveillance towers with spotlights keeping an overwatch of the outpost. Sith Zynn took out the sentry before the rest of us moved down the wall to infiltrate the camp. As per Apprentice Xesh's observation there were one large Anti-Air turret and an ammunition depot for the very same. I could asses that the officers were gathered up in a tent near up west as well as a wall in disrepair to the western side. I set up a series of detonite charges connected to a remote detonator and distributed them. Apprentice Vlorakaar was tasked to sneak and attach one to the mainframe of the turret. I myself made it for the Ammo Depot. Xesh in the meantime snuk up by the officer's tent to listen in to their conversation. The Ammo Depot was guarded by four sentries. I managed to manipulate their minds and sent off three to the wall in disrepair and the last one I had call the lieutenant for urgent aid. Their minds numb and under my influence it was not a concern. Sith Zynn aided me by setting up the charges on the Depot as I prepared to ambush and stun the Lieutenant with Pelko venom. I covered the abduction with smoke pellets by the ammo depot and we evacuated in stealth. Shortly after Xesh collapsed the officer's tent on the remainders and lit it on fire, which Sith Zynn could manipulate and amplify with the force. This coincided with the explosive charges detonating to ensure chaos. All the outpost officers are now killed in action and hard to identify with witnesses to hear Lt. Kol summoned to the Depot shortly before it blew up. As such there is a plausible reason for the Republic to believe he is dead without too many questions. 

In addition to chaos in their ranks and leadership, with the Anti-Air weaponry disabled and Lt. Kol in our custody to be interrogated, Apprentice Xesh has recovered details of the Republics intended troop movements. The fallout of this mission is yet to be seen but for now it was a success.

- Sith Tiwura