06-10-2024 02:12 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 182

Vykos: Sabotage and Assassination

[Image: CLsfhGF.png]

Report: Vykos Sabotage and Assassination
Attendants: Sith Tiwura, Mayaz Vipion, Safiyya Tanamart

Summary:
After receiving word from a Lord Besmern, the imperial commander on Vykos we knew our targets. Introduced via Esme Roi, Besmern gave us targets away from the frontlines but nonetheless vital to the war effort there. A republic supply depot was known to be receiving ammunition and antibiotics soon for the active infantry. Our first objective was to destroy them and make sure they did not reinforce the republic. The second objective was to assassinate one Captain Meru Kodorvi, a mirialan logistics officer. Rumored to have been a bit too effective at his duties and a threat to imperial success.

Given the nature of our teams readiness we arrived by shuttle and dropped to the ground via pods. Our first hindrance was a guard wall with spotlights and sentry posts. The various crater holes and barricades allowed us cover as we arrived in the night. At first I considered hijacking a transport to enter but it would remove our advantage of nighttime. Instead we sneaked up on and wiped out a guardpost in front of the wall. We scaled the wall once the guards were neutralized. We appropriated their radios and comlinks for surveillance. Once we crossed over we found a shuttle pad and their communications dish. Waiting out their nearest patrol to depart we made quick movement for their communications hut. Their comms officers cut down gave us a moment to access their terminals and darken out enemy communications. By quick review of their terminal I could orient myself around their base layout.

The base's officer tent was nearby, over a ledge to jump down off once the next patrol had passed. We made quick work of their guards and very rightly estimated Captain Meru Kodorvi was inside. He was pierced in the heart before I took his rank plaque, code cylinder, & ID tags. Nearby the tent were the barracks of the base. Had we more time it would have been appropriate to place explosives there but since the comms went out we would be short on time.

At the end of the camp by another entryway we found trucks, speeders and two tents with the objective supplies of ammunition and antibiotics. I gave the rest of the team enough detonite charges to target the tent while I sneaked ahead to use one to take out a larger patrol. After this I exposed myself to deflect the fire of elevated sentries by the tents to distract while the rest managed to plant explosives on the tents and several vehicles. I took some injury from their fire but managed to deploy a smokescreen and spread fear and horror into their minds giving us a pause to escape via speeder. Once on the way I triggered the remote detonator and finished our objectives.

- Sith Tiwura